Cancun Mexico the ultimate travel destination, satisfying any of your dancing, partying and social cravings! There may be many destinations which claim to be the solution to your travel cravings but only one can truly satisfy your needs- Cancun, Mexico.
Whether you are a honeymooner, a group of friends or simply someone who wants to have a good time, Cancun is indeed a heavenly paradise on earth. Take a pick from its divine beaches, night life, culture, archeological sites or history. So stop daydreaming of a honeymoon, wedding, vacation or the perfect destination when Cancun, Mexico has everything anyone would want and more. This will be a vacation you will never forget!
Who would have thought that a small fishing village could become a very popular tourist destination? Who would have thought that those grand plans for Cancun would become true? This small city, which aspired to become larger then Acapulco, has gotten even more than what it expected.
A coastal city in Mexico, Cancun can be found on the Yucatan Channel which separates Mexico from the island of Cuba. Sometimes called Mexican Caribbean, Cancun was originally called “Ekab” meaning Black Earth. With Cancun’s popularity and nice tropical climate, it is estimated that there are about four million visitors that travel to Cancun every year and is now known as a party city.
Though Cancun is considered to be the number one Spring Break destination, it does not mean that everything about Cancun is just beaches and partying. In #Cancun there are also small Mayan traces of the #Mayan civilization that can be explored and visited. Cancun has many beautiful hotels which will make you feel at home. There are also a lot of activities in Cancun, including surfing, fishing, kayaking, swimming or just soaking up the sun.
Here are some additional suggested sites to visit in Cancun:
1. Isla Mujeres Turtle Farm – Watch sea turtles lay eggs in the sand.
2. Avenida Tulum – Shop and eat along the boulevard.
3. Mayan Temple – Have a little adventure by exploring this clay female figures.
4. Playa Langosta – Swim, enjoy the powdered coral sand and snorkel around its shallow waters.
Keep your eyes and ears open for deals on the following popular hotels, in particular:
– Le Blanc Spa & Resort
– Royal Sands
– JW Marriot Cancun Resort & Spa
– Ritz-Carlton Cancun
– Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort
– Marriot CasaMagna Cancun Resort
– Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun
– Riu Palace Las Americas
– Royal Islander
– Riu Cancun
There are so many things to do in the Cancun area, you can afford to be selective. Plan ahead for day trips and go early, before the sun gets too hot and the crowds come out en masse.
Here are some popular attractions in the area you’ll want to consider:
– Chichen Itza – Ancient Mayan archeological structures
– MayaVenture – A labyrinth with treasure hunts
– Plaza de Toros – A bullring that has bullfights every Wednesday afternoon
– Cenotes – Deep, water-filled sinkholes in limestone
– Isla Mujeres – A small and charming island 8 miles across the baby from Cancun
– Playa del Carmen – Small resort town about 40 minutes south of Cancun by car
– Xcaret EcoPark and Sian Ka’an biosphere along the Riviera Maya
– Xel-Ha – Archeological site and ecopark, located between Playa del Carmen and Tulum.
– Tulum – Best known for its Mayan ruins. Tulum is also the starting place for much ecotourism and adventure travel.
Other Cancun Travel Considerations
If your primary goal is to visit Cancun on the cheap, the best advice is to find accommodations out of the “hotel zone” which is located smack-dab in the middle of the city. There are plenty of things to do there and lots of great places to visit but the hotel and restaurant prices can get pretty steep downtown.
Here is a checklist of items you’ll want to pack for your Cancun vacation:
– Clothing: Several pairs of comfortable shorts, tee-shirts, dress slacks, a sundress, sweater or light jacket, socks, undergarments, sandals, tennis shoes, plastic bag for dirty clothes
– First Aid: Pain relievers, eye-drops, necessary medications and prescriptions, band-aids, neck pillow
– Protection: Sunglasses, eye-glasses and/or contact lens, sun-visor or baseball cap, umbrella or rain poncho
– Snacks: Peanuts, crackers and/or potato chips, gum, candy and bottle of water
– Equipment: Camera, extra film, batteries, portable compact disc player with headphones, favorite book
– Documentation: Valid passport, driver’s license and/or birth certificate, emergency contact information, money and/or traveler’s checks, computer printout of airline ticket confirmation. (Make sure to write the name of your destination hotel inside and outside of luggage and be sure to have an adequate lock on each piece of baggage.)